Made in Kent is committed to showcasing the talent available in Kent by giving sellers a platform to present their handmade goods on. We want to ensure both sellers and buyers have a positive experience on Made in Kent. Please read on to find out more about your rights and what is expected of you as a listed sellers. By listing on our site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- What Can Be Sold On Made In Kent
- Representing Yourself & Your Listings Honestly
- Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Providing Great Customer Service
- Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
- Payment Terms & Expectations
WHAT CAN BE SOLD ON MADE IN KENT
We pride ourselves on encouraging users to buy local and to be able to browse and buy locally sourced products they won’t find elsewhere. Everything listed on Made In Kent must be handmade, designed and / or curated in the Kent county.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item when sending us a product description.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it is clear when you send us your description that the photos shown are just examples.
Made in Kent reserves the right to decide whether a product is listed on the site once a seller has submitted it for approval.
REPRESENTING YOURSELF & YOUR LISTINGS HONESTLY
All sellers should make sure they honestly and accurately represent their products when uploading product descriptions and about us sections to the site using the app provided.
When listing on Made In Kent you agree to:
- Provide honest and accurate information about you and your products.
- Accurately represent your products in listings and in listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others.
- Not engage in any fee avoidance.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
You are responsible for protecting buyers’ personal information you receive or process, and you must comply with all relevant legal requirements. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use Made In Kent user information.
In particular, when you sell using our services, you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the services.
You are responsible for protecting user personal information you receive or process and complying with all relevant legal requirements when you use the services. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use a user’s information. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie.
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Made in Kent related communications or for Made in Kent facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, you may not add any Made in Kent users to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you're responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance.
If Made in Kent and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Made in Kent is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Made in Kent for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
PROVIDING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
We want to ensure everyone who interacts with Made in Kent receives a high level of customer service. As a seller, you agree to:
- Honour and dispatch your items on receipt of a purchase order from Made in Kent within 3 working days.In cases where products take longer to process and deliver, please make this clear to us and include the details of this in the product description. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Honour the commitments made in your listings.
- Contact one of the Made in Kent team if you are unable to complete an order.
- Unless through exceptional circumstances discussed with a member of the team, we will be operating a 3 strike rule with any sellers who do not adhere to the above. If a seller reaches 3 strikes, Made in Kent reserves the right to remove their products from the site.
3 Strike Rule
We try to be as understanding as we can with our sellers, things happen that are out of everyones control. However, in order to ensure that our customers receive the best experience, there are some key rules, which if broken, trigger a strike. 3 strikes could result in the removal of a seller.
- Not sending an item within the 3 day dispatch time without good reason
- Contacting Made In Kent customers outside of order fulfilment communication
- Marketing to Made in Kent customers without consent
- Consciously submitting defective or offensive products
- Unreasonable price hiking
- Submitting products that are not made locally or that have not been made by the seller
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
PAYMENT TERMS & EXPECTATIONS
Once an order has been placed, Made In Kent will deduct 15% as commission from the product's price + 20p per transaction. The price on the site should include the total cost of your product including postage and packaging.
Made in Kent will transfer money earned, via PayPal, once proof of postage is provided for the customer’s order or the customer has confirmed receipt of the product, whichever is sooner. We receive payments from Shopify (our platform) every 6 days from purchase and will provide payments on a weekly basis.